What articles are accepted?
The “Revista de Mediación” management team considers the best authors and the most updated research projects that might be of interest for the entire mediation practitioners. Having quality papers is, ultimately, the main criterion to decide upon publication. In order to accurately respond to the professional principle this Journal aims at, we consider that it is appropriate to meet some requirements other publications, publication standards and writing books have in order to insure the relevance of the published topics.
Papers should be unpublished (including digital format), and once they are accepted for publication, their printing and reproducing rights under any form or mean will belong to “Revista de Mediación”, although reasonable requests by the author to gain permission to reproduce his/her contribution will be attended.
Authors are exclusively responsible for the opinions and assessments expressed in their papers, and these do not compromise the “Revista de Mediation’s” opinion.
Original articles in Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and English will be accepted provided that they were not previously published or are not pending publication.
Articles in languages other than Spanish will be translated by the “Revista de Mediación” Translation team and published in both languages.
The original version will be that in which language the author initially presented the paper, and a remark will be included on the translation stating that citations of this article should refer to the original version.
REVISTA DE MEDIACIÓN accepts papers referring to the professional mediation field and other ADR, mainly its applied and professional aspects. Published papers should address any of the following topics:
- Experimental studies and practical implications of empirical and professional practice research.
- Development of theoretical aspects, theoretical revisions, challenge and development of theoretical models.
- Research, Development and Innovation: new Best Practices in specific areas.
- Evaluations and statistical surveys, analysis and critique or emerging trends, from a practical application perspective.
- Revisions, communications, case studies, updates and meta-analysis of Mediation, conflict analysis and resolution and other ADR topics.
- Explanation and/or application of issues that are generally ignored by researchers.
- Presentation of professional experiences and case studies.
- A debate space on professional policies, opinions, theories and other relevant questions.
- Evaluation and analysis of Mediation-related pieces of legislation and/or other social topics that Mediation and other ADR professionals should take into account.
- Interviews to relevant professionals related to Mediation and other ADR.
“Revista de Mediación” Management has the right to:
- commission specific works to well-known authors or to propose special monographic issues.
- publish articles that are considered appropriate due to their relevance or interest, even if they do not strictly match these criteria.
If you wish your article to be assessed for publication by “Revista de Mediación” please send the following documents to the email firstname.lastname@example.org; templates can be downloaded here:
- Article in WORD format. “Revista de Mediación”relies on an external anonymous peer review process. Papers should not contain information allowing reviewers to identify the authors as this information is to be enclosed to the Article Submission Letter and “Revista de Mediación” will not submit this information to the “blind reviewers”.
- Article Submission Letter
- Authorization for Publication Letter (signed by the authors)
Support tools for authors:
- In section Format of the Paper there is an explanation of the paper’s point as well as length and format of each point.
- In this section you can also find the Writing Guide and the APA Criteria is a support tool to fit bibliographic references and other bullets and headings.
At the end of the compulsory Article Submission Letter you can find a questionnaire that will guide you through the criteria considered by our evaluators, and will help you to adapt your paper to the required academic level.
Submission, Evaluation, Revision and Acceptance of Articles Process
- Within 75 days maximum of the article submission and the other documents indicated in section “How to submit papers?”, “Revista de Mediación”shall reply indicating whether or not the paper was accepted for publication.
- “Revista de Mediación” relies on an external anonymous peer review process. All the papers received will be previously assessed by the “Revista de Mediación” andby the external reviewers to guarantee their scientific quality and rigor, and their interest for the readers, retaining the right to accept or reject them.
- The external qualified reviewers submit a report to the management team of the Journal, after which the author(s) is informed whether or not the paper has been accepted or if modifications for final publication should be done.
- The management team has the right to accept or reject papers according to their fitting to the Journal’s topics.
- Papers that do not match the wide range of themes dealt with by the Journal and those that do not fulfil the publication requirements or whose drafting is not up to the quality level required could not be accepted for publication.
- Likewise, “Revista de Mediación”retains the right to request the improvement, correction, clarification or modifications that are considered necessary and to make the style corrections that are deemed appropriate; and acceptance can be suspended until a positive evaluation by the evaluators is issued concerning the requested changes.
- Authors can contact Revista de Mediación at any time, sending an e-mail to: email@example.com to know the status of evaluation, revision and acceptance of their paper.
- The COVER PAGE should have the following elements:
- Title of the Paper: no more than 12 words
- First Name and Names of the authors
- Institutional Affiliation (workplace, Institution, University,… where they are currently working)
- Abstract: circa 150 words.
- Key words: 5 words.
- Short Résumé of each author (no more than 2 paragraphs)
- E-mail they wish to publish.
- TEXT: papers will have a length of approximately 4000 words, not including the Cover Page and the References, and will have a brief introduction, the content development and some final conclusions.
- REFERENCES: all the statements indicated in the text should be properly referenced and a complete bibliographic reference should be included at the end of the Paper in the References section, following the APA format.
- No bibliographic reference should be included in the final section that is not made in the text and vice versa.
- TABLES AND CHARTS: not only should they be included in the text but also a valid format copy should be submitted for the Web Designer to operate with them. All Tables and Charts, either original or adapted, must have a title and a reference to the source.
- The Journal has adopted the APA Publication standards and style, according to the Handbook published by the American Psychological Association, Washington, DC, USA. http://www.apa.org/journals/authors/manuscript_check.html
- Citations will follow the APA standards (6th edition). As way of a brief guide please consider: in alphabetical order at the end of the article following the criteria below:
- Books: Second name, Initial. (Year). Complete Title. City: Publishing House.
- Journals: Second name, Initial. (Year).Title of the Article. Name of the Journal, Volume (issue), pages First-last page.
- Chapters of collective books: Second name, Initial. (Year). Title of the Chapter. In Initial, Second Name (Director, compiling editor). Title of the Book (pp. first-last of the cited chapter. City: Publishing House.
- If several authors, they are separated by commas and before the last one the word “and” should be added.
- You can download here the following Writing Guide and APA Criteria